#HardRock_&_AOR - La 1ª Comunidad de Rock Melódico; AOR, HARD ROCK, METAL (1999-2003)-(2011...)

¿Quieres reaccionar a este mensaje? Regístrate en el foro con unos pocos clics o inicia sesión para continuar.

www.fallenangelofrock.com

4 participantes

GLYDER se separan

lamotta
    Fallen Angel Diamond

ZODIACO : Cáncer

GLYDER se separan Empty GLYDER se separan

Mensaje por lamotta Dom 03 Oct 2010, 15:08

Según cuenta su líder y guitarrista Bat Kinane, los tres miembros restantes se han bajado del barco:

The writing has been on the wall for some time and I regret to inform you that Glyder have decided to call it a day. I want to stress that this is nothing to do with my solo stuff and I am the one that has wanted to keep Glyder going. We were offered a tour with Molly Hatchet in Germany for December by our lable SPV. I asked each of the lads did they want to do it , I got two positives and a negative. We met last night and I got a change of mind from one of the lads and when that happened the third one gave me a negative as he felt he could not continue without the others. I thought about the idea of getting a band togther and doing the tour but that would be just too difficult and it would not really be Glyder with one member.

You see I call this blog the Lonesome Boatman, that's how I've felt in Glyder since the second album and since then I have felt more and more isolated within the band. Things changed for Glyder before the making of the third album and since then its been a struggle to keep going. Signing with SPV seemed like the Holy Grail but the year it took to finalize the deal saw us all move in different directions. Financial strain and other factors wore away at the band for the past two years. The band seemed to be surrounded by incompetent people who did not fulfill their roles. I don't want to make personal attacks on anyone or get in to bitter feuds but you all know the story of the rotten apple and that's part of what happened to Glyder. Its a long story and as my ties to the band are deeper than music so I wont be airing my dirty linen in public. I am a little sore as I put so much effort in to this band but I will be taking a positive approach to the future and continuing on writing, recording and performing, blogging and doing what I do. I have made a lot of friends during this time and I will continue to keep in touch on facebook, www.oneforthelost.com and keep you informed on what I will be doing. I want to thank all the members of ww.oneforthelost.com that kept me going which in effect kept the band going. In particular I would like to thank my wife Linda who has supported me through all this. I would like to thank my mother who also gave me so much support and courage over the years. My two brothers who have always supported me. Eamonn Mc Cormack for his effort and belief in Glyder and his friendship to me. Donna Attrill for her continuous effort in promoting Glyder online and her husband Rob for taking us around the highways and byways of Europe. Ger Hallihan for www.oneforthelost.com. Paul and Bev O Connell who helped out in their way when times were tough. Phil Osborne for his commitment and support of Glyder. Also thanks to Helena Larsson, Eric Coubard from Bad Reputation and Olly Hahn from SPV and Jon Freeman . There are lots more who I would like to thank and I'm sorry of Ive left you out but you know who you are and Ill never forget all the positive vibes from all of you. All the supporters and believers and people who helped along the way I thank you sincerely.

I have material written for what to be Glyder's fourth album. I am a serious songwriter and I have chosen to make music my career so if any international bands out there want a serious player to get involved with my options are open.
    SunlessStar
    SunlessStar
    Fallen Angel Platinum

GLYDER se separan Empty Re: GLYDER se separan

Mensaje por SunlessStar Lun 04 Oct 2010, 15:46

Pues es una verdadera pena, porque esta gente valía para esto... Esto es lo de siempre, habrá quien diga que no eran suficientemente buenos, opinión que no ha abundado precisamente cuando se ha hablado de esta banda, todo lo contrario. El caso es que bandas como Glyder, gente joven que apuesta por el hard rock más clásico, más auténtico, lo deja, mientras hemos discutido y discutiremos montones de veces sobre los refritos de Frontiers que inundan el mercado cada mes...
    No es la primera banda con futuro que lo deja, y no será la última, pero en este caso me ha dado verdadera lástima. Su primer disco fue muy bueno por más que imitaran claramente a los Lizzy (o precisamente por eso en estos días), un segundo más oscuro pero cuya primera mitad me encanta, y un tercer y último disco que me parece el mejor de largo y en el que lograron crear un sonido mucho más personal aunque no dejaran de sonar a los de Lynott... En fin, intentaré seguir la pista de este hombre porque si sigue la línea que ha tenido con su banda merecerá la pena.
    lamotta
    Fallen Angel Diamond

Mensaje por lamotta Lun 04 Oct 2010, 18:05

Desde el 1 de octubre está a la venta en internet su disco...no es lo mismo, es más variado y, bueno, son ideas que él consideró que no eran para el grupo, cosa que yo veo un desacierto, pero bueno.
    Saludos
    Jesus Ruiperez
    Fallen Angel Titanium

Mensaje por Jesus Ruiperez Lun 04 Oct 2010, 23:25

Sí, una pena. Me gustaban bastante. Son buenos chavales...... y tenían una gran actitud.
    jarryguo
    Fallen Angel Diamond

ZODIACO : Aries

Mensaje por jarryguo Mar 05 Oct 2010, 01:49

Po vaya...eran un refrito de Lizzy, pero un refrito muy bien cocinado...A esperar a que Sykes deje de manufacturar pomos de puerta, vuelva y ocupe el lugar del sonido "Lizzyriano" que ha dejado Glyder...

Contenido patrocinado

Mensaje por Contenido patrocinado