www.fallenangelofrock.com

GUS G - I Am The Fire

Comparte

PeterGriffin
    Administrador

GUS G - I Am The Fire

Mensaje por PeterGriffin el Miér 15 Ene 2014, 14:07

Guitar virtuoso Gus G., well known in the Metal and Rock universe for his outstanding work as member of Ozzy Osbourne's band and as leader of his own group Firewind, has announced to be releasing his first, long overdue solo album solo album "I Am The Fire" on March 17th, 2014 in Europe and March 18th, 2014 in North America via longtime international partners Century Media Records.

Gus G. checked in to comment about the song launch as follows: "I hope you all enjoy the first taste of things to come. "My Will Be Done" is a cool rocker track with a modern edge to it", before adding a few words about the impressing list of guests and collaborations gathered and showcase on his solo debut: "Looking back now I can't believe all these great musicians got on board for this album. Everybody brought in their unmistakable style and talent and they really lifted the songs! Check it out and enjoy the music!".

The album's first commercial single, "I Am The Fire (Feat. Devour The Day)" will be released digitally on February 24th, 2014 in Europe and February 25th, 2014 in North America.

The "I Am The Fire" album sees Gus G. handling guitar, bass and keyboard duties and showcases a long list of highly skilled instrumentalist peers as well as several remarkable vocalists joining Gus to stress the versatile stylistic approach of the 12 featured songs . The roster of friends and guests that help bring Gus G.'s vision to fruition include drummers Jeff Friedl (A Perfect Circle, Puscifer, Devo) and Daniel Erlandsson (Arch Enemy), bassists David Ellefson (Megadeth), Billy Sheehan (Mr. Big, David Lee Roth) and Marty O'Brien (Tommy Lee, We Are The Fallen) as well as Mats Levén (Candlemass, ex. Yngwie Malmsteen/Therion), Blake Allison (Devour The Day), Michael Starr (Steel Panther). Alexia Rodriguez (Eyes Set To Kill), Tom S. Englund (Evergrey), Jacob Bunton (Adler) and Jeff Scott Soto (TSO, ex Journey) as guest vocalists.

"I Am The Fire" was mixed by Jay Ruston (Anthrax, Stone Sour, Steel Panther, etc.) and was partly recorded in Los Angeles and partly in Gus' home country of Greece during the past months. The album showcases a well-balanced and inspiring mixture of precise song writing, driven contemporary active rock songs, a classic Hard Rock vibe, pounding Metal cuts as well as breathtaking instrumentals. The album takes you on a diverse journey and opens the door to Gus G.'s soulful guitar playing. An exciting cast of talented guest musicians and great vocalists are also appearing on the album. The exact list of participants will be revealed throughout the coming weeks...
    Gus G. has had an amazing rise within the scene and amassed an incredible body of work, both on the studio-album and worldwide touring fronts: From his early international inception as up 'n' coming talent alongside the groups Dream Evil (Sweden), Mystic Prophecy (Germany) or also Nightrage (Greece), it was mainly the restless activity with his own band Firewind (with whom he has released a total of 7 studio albums and 2 live releases so far) as well as his invitation to join Ozzy Osbourne's line-up ranks for the Grammy nominated "Scream" album release from 2010 and its consequent worldwide touring that fully boosted Gus G.'s reputation and profile to be now considered one of the leading guitarists in the current Metal/Rock scene, also proven via awards such as "Best Metal Guitarist" poll (Guitar Player magazine, US), "Dimebag Darrell Shredder" (Metal Hammer UK Golden Gods Awards) and 4x times poll win for "Best Guitarist" (Metal Hammer, Greece).

LOVEHUNTER
    STAFF

ZODIACO : Aries

Re: GUS G - I Am The Fire

Mensaje por LOVEHUNTER el Miér 15 Ene 2014, 18:09

bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce Mats Leven Soto...... Sheehan......... bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce   Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz 

Trickfew
    Fallen Angel Platinum

Mensaje por Trickfew el Jue 06 Mar 2014, 19:55

Que pedazo de invitados se agencia Mr Gus G para su disco en solitario, habrá que escucharlo

PeterGriffin
    Administrador

Mensaje por PeterGriffin el Sáb 19 Abr 2014, 10:46

rafa69
    Fallen Angel

ZODIACO : Aries

Mensaje por rafa69 el Vie 16 Mayo 2014, 18:34

Otro gran disco¡¡¡
    Este me tardó más en entrar, ya que la mezcla de estilos me chocó bastante. Esos temas modernos en plan Linkin Park pero con solos y buenos riffs, otros más sucios y groovys (tal vez los de Leven), otros melódicos, los instrumentales en plan shred .... etc etc al principio me choco bastante esta mezcla. Pero ya liberado de prejuicios, es otro album que se disfruta muchísimo por su variedad, y buen hacer.
    Mis temas favoritos por ahora son "redemption" y "Dreamkeeper" .

Muy recomendado, si no buscas etiquetas, sólo buenos temas con buenas guitarras pero centradas en las composiciones.
    Para mi un 8/10

Aun así, prefiero sus discos con Firewind (a tope de cañeros y melódicos Very Happy )

Albytor
    Fallen Angel Diamond

ZODIACO : Virgo

Mensaje por Albytor el Vie 16 Mayo 2014, 18:53

Para mí ha sido una sorpresa y creo que estará en mi top 10 cuando acabe el año. Gran disco. ¿No os recuerdan las instrumentales a Racer X?.

Joserra
    STAFF

Mensaje por Joserra el Sáb 17 Mayo 2014, 10:03

Tendré que escucharlo después de esos comentarios.

Arcano
    Fallen Angel

ZODIACO : Sagitario

Mensaje por Arcano el Sáb 17 Mayo 2014, 12:26

Disco que tiene variedad de estilos y varios temas disfrutable,los solos instrumentales no me dicen nada y la de Jeff scott sotto me empalaga,será que su voz no es mi tipo...Prefiero la voz y la interpretaciónes de Mats Leven,que vozarrón el tío,de los grandes.

La que abre el disco es mi preferida,adictiva a tope. My will be done!!!!

PeterGriffin
    Administrador

Mensaje por PeterGriffin el Jue 06 Nov 2014, 18:54

Contenido patrocinado

Mensaje por Contenido patrocinado Hoy a las 21:40

Fecha y hora actual: Lun 05 Dic 2016, 21:40