#HardRock_&_AOR - La 1ª Comunidad de Rock Melódico; AOR, HARD ROCK, METAL (1999-2003)-(2011...)

¿Quieres reaccionar a este mensaje? Regístrate en el foro con unos pocos clics o inicia sesión para continuar.

www.fallenangelofrock.com

DAVID REECE - Compromise

PeterGriffin
    Fallen Angel Diamond

ZODIACO : Géminis

DAVID REECE - Compromise Empty DAVID REECE - Compromise

Mensaje por PeterGriffin Miér 04 Sep 2013, 18:33

DAVID REECE - Compromise Reece-pic-web
    American singer David Reece, though brought up on a diet of Conway Twitty and Tammy Wynette, has been sharing his bluesy rock voice with the world since the late 1980s. His most notable early releases were Accept’s 1989 album “Eat The Heat” and Bangalore Choir’s 1992 classic “On Target”, closely followed by LPs with Sircle Of Silence and Stream. Disillusioned with a floundering rock scene, David took a hiatus from music in the mid 1990s to follow other pursuits and dreams.

Returning in 2008 with the critically acclaimed Gypsy Rose album “Another World”, David’s debut solo album “Universal Language” surfaced in 2009. The culmination of many years writing and performing, the album featured musicians including Andy Susemihl (U.D.O.), and fine songs such as the bombastic ‘Rescue Me’, the huge ‘We Were Alive’, the soaring ballad ‘Queen Of My Dreams’ and the distinctly leftfield ‘Yellow’; a definite song for fans of Colonel Mustard.

The album “Cadence” in 2010 saw the first brand new Bangalore Choir material in 18 years. 2011 marked David’s return to working with Gypsy Rose founder Martin Kronlund, this time under the moniker “Reece Kronlund” releasing an album simply called “Solid”. The album also marked David’s first ventures with lyricist Jon Wilde, who has since co-written on the 3rd Bangalore Choir album “Metaphor” released in 2012 and now on this; David’s second solo album “Compromise” – an apt title given the amount of compromise we all face in our lives, be it working in the music industry or going about our daily grind.

With vocals recorded at KMan studios in Blaine Minnesota and produced by Kelly Peterson, the album features a big name cast including bassist Ronnie Parkes (7 Witches), guitarist Jack Frost (7 Witches, Savatage, Metalium), keyboardist Paul Morris (Rainbow, Doro, Jurgen Blackmore), and special guests Christian Tolle and Andy Susemihl. The mix was handled by Joey Vera (Armoured Saint) and Martin Kronlund, with Martin also performing full mastering duties.

The result is a peach of an album with a wide range of songs from sublime ballads ‘Someone Beautiful’ (with music by renowned writers Tom and James Martin) to metal masterpieces ‘End Of It All’, stomping rockers ‘Where My Heart Belongs’ and more. David, with influences as diverse as Ian Gillan, Paul Rodgers and Chris Cornell, loves tackling a variety of styles and one listen will tell you he has the voice to pull it off.  And with musicians the calibre of those here, and lyrics boasting a darn sight more intelligence than your standard clichéd rock fair, he has the firepower to back him up all the way into classic album territory.

DAVID REECE - Compromise Reece2013-cover-web
    01. Disaster
    02. End Of It All
    03. Fortunate Son
    04. Someone Beautiful
    05. Along For The Ride
    06. Coast To Coast
    07. All Roads Lead To War
    08. Where My Heart Belongs
    09. Everything To Everyone
    10. Evil Never Dies
    11. Treasure Hunter