#HardRock_&_AOR - La 1ª Comunidad de Rock Melódico; AOR, HARD ROCK, METAL (1999-2003)-(2011...)

¿Quieres reaccionar a este mensaje? Regístrate en el foro con unos pocos clics o inicia sesión para continuar.

www.fallenangelofrock.com

+34
caido en little big horn
jordiaor
jensen
pc69
MrBlackwell
Dies Irae
Ramon G
Santi
Javi
kikmetal
Philo
OSCMAR
dallaszafando
beriboogie
Mendo
Albytor
wandy011
jarryguo
trying to understand
jesus
Joserra
dregen77
Holy Roller
darian
fabiolione
prockhard
kiquerocks
Trickfew
A.K.U.
LOVEHUNTER
motleyfeelgood
Robert
AZZY Midnight
PeterGriffin
38 participantes

VAN HALEN - A Different Kind Of Truth

PeterGriffin
    Fallen Angel Diamond

ZODIACO : Géminis

VAN HALEN - A Different Kind Of Truth - Página 6 Empty VAN HALEN - A Different Kind Of Truth

Mensaje por PeterGriffin Miér 04 Ene 2012, 15:26

Recuerdo del primer mensaje :

VAN HALEN - A Different Kind Of Truth - Página 6 Vanhalencover

El 7 de febrero se pone a la venta el nuevo disco de Van Halen, el día 10 de enero estrenan el primer single titulado "Tattoo", a ver que tal.

Última edición por PeterGriffin el Vie 06 Ene 2012, 17:31, editado 1 vez
    jesus
    Fallen Angel Diamond

ZODIACO : Aries

VAN HALEN - A Different Kind Of Truth - Página 6 Empty Re: VAN HALEN - A Different Kind Of Truth

Mensaje por jesus Vie 03 Feb 2012, 01:50

Esto sí! Estos son los Van Halen que se echaban en falta.! Una auténtica apisonadora!!! Hacía tiempo que no me daba una banda tanta eléctricidad en el cuerpo. Un riff como "Outta sace" se hacía imprescindible para decirnos que han vuelto!! Tattoo me pareció una broma pesada pero es un tema que no se corresponde para nada con el resto del trabajo. Gran Regreso!!
    dregen77
    dregen77
    Fallen Angel Silver

VAN HALEN - A Different Kind Of Truth - Página 6 Empty Re: VAN HALEN - A Different Kind Of Truth

Mensaje por dregen77 Vie 03 Feb 2012, 09:29

Habéis escuchado cómo suena la guitarra de EVH en "Big River". Hay un par de dive bombs que hace que me provocan un escalofrío en la columna. Increible.
    beriboogie
    beriboogie
    Fallen Angel Diamond

ZODIACO : Virgo

Mensaje por beriboogie Vie 03 Feb 2012, 13:52

Primera escucha y estoy que no me lo creo. De verdad que no me esperaba algo tan bueno. Sí, soy bastante fan de los VH con DiamonDave pero esto me ha pillao de sorpresa....... Un apunte, ¡¡ Komo suena la guitarra de EDDIE..... pero a lo largo y ancho de todo el disco !!! ¡¡¡ TREMENDISIMO !!!
    Santi
    Santi
    Fallen Angel

ZODIACO : Capricornio

Mensaje por Santi Vie 03 Feb 2012, 14:50

Stay Frosty es gloria bendita
    motleyfeelgood
    motleyfeelgood
    Fallen Angel Platinum

ZODIACO : Cáncer

Mensaje por motleyfeelgood Vie 03 Feb 2012, 16:44

otra gran critica de bravewords.(en ingles)

VAN HALEN's A Different Kind Of Truth - The BraveWords.com Review
    Rock Hard
    Posted on Friday, February 03, 2012 at 10:05:45 EST

It seems like a lifetime we've been waiting for this. And the day is nearly here. A new VAN HALEN album with David Lee Roth. An echo that can be heard around the world it holds that much weight. It's called A Different Kind Of Truth and the BraveWords.com review by "Metal" Tim Henderson can be found below.

I tell ya, gimme the good ol' days when you heard the single and went to buy the complete album a few days/weeks later. VAN HALEN has been teasing us to no end with all these snippets, taking away the surprise. You'd think an artist would want us to relish in their art from start to finish without interruption. But alas it's the digital era and without question what we hold here is a thrilling surprise. I can still remember to this day when 1984 was released. All the hoopla around the rebellious kid with the smoke, the racy 'Hot For Teacher' video and of course the first single that led off with keyboards! Man, the VH-lads had balls bigger than the state of California. But it worked. And then the Diamond Dave magic was gone. Yup, a tragic loss - kinda like your father vacating for a hooker. Sure, Sammy picked up the ball, but didn't score as many touchdowns as Roth and Co. Then there was smoke in the distance and we all thought the fires were re-lit when The Best Of Van Halen, Vol. I was released with two brand-spankin' new Roth tunes ('Can't Get This Stuff No More' and 'Me Wise Magic'). But someone pissed on the fire. 16 years later here we are again, David Lee Roth and Eddie Van Halen far from coming to blows, but brothers in arms.

First off, A Different Kind Of Truth almost feels like you've been transported back into the flair of the '80s, actually earlier as Roth revealed to the Los Angeles times that some of the material on the album dates back to ideas from the late '70s! Only Van Halen could get away with such an asinine plot. And immediately you begin to reminisce about all those unstoppable tunes from a band that had the world in the palm of their hands, all culminating in a frenzy on stage. Could all this be happening again?

There was a little hesitation with 'Tattoo', a bizarre choice for first single, but it's sultry, sassy attitude grows like a sunburn in that Pasadena heat. The chorus busts open and man, that outro sizzles and you wish Eddie would take us down that never-ending blues path. And you want to hear more. And not just little pieces of the pie. Gimme the whole thing god-dammit! Well, the pie is now in front of us. Gimme two forks and let's rock!

'She's The Woman' could've easily been nestled into the grooves of Fair Warning (it actually dates back to a demo tape the group made in 1976), drummer Alex and nephew/bassist Wolfgang Van Halen's pumping backbeat pushes the tune along a hardened path until Eddie adds his magic with a varied solo most axemen would never dream touching.

'You And Your Blues' kicks off with a catchy riff and a pulsating yet poppy Roth vocal line, complete with those patented background volleys from the lads. You get the feeling that age hasn't affected the team.

Eddie's jaw-dropping noodling leads off 'China Town' until Alex presses the gas and you feel the need to strap yourself into your seat for fear of body parts being left behind. A tune full of piss n' vinegar, a street fight set into motion. Kinda like 'Hang 'Em High' meets 'Mean Street'. And if you haven't already, you now have the urge to crank this fucker even louder. And you know the boys planned the sequence this way.

'Blood And Fire' emerges a little more palatable in terms of melody, but shockingly has an edge. Yes, this album is that heavy-handed. And you gotta crack a smile at Roth when he quips, 'I told ya I was common' back.' Damn right, Diamond Dave is back and the chorus rings true as the band truly has survived blood and fire.

Eddie's hands are bleeding with 'Bullethead', a shorter ditty that includes the album title A Different Kind Of Truth as a send-off.

'As Is' sees Alex in a John Bonham tribute until a 'Hot For Teacher'-feel kicks-in as the band laps it up. The humour ain't lost and Eddie's leads leave you awe-struck as Van Halen steamrolls ahead.

'Honeybabysweetiedoll' is reminiscent of latter-era Roth, the poet oozing with more bedroom antics and an oddly positioned dog barking as the tune closes. Condom and collar not included!

'The Trouble With Never' is another feel-good sing-along which pulsates along, this Van Halen house-party going to the wee hours of the morning as Roth asks 'when you turn on the stereo does it return the favour?' Mid-way through, the blond-maned ring-leader poetically seduces the listener while Eddie wails in the background, Roth whispering in his deep tones: 'You wanna play … the game? You can't quit when you play. Mistakes make people, isn't that what people say? Let's starting playing the moment and dance the night away.' Ohhh, the shivers!

'Outta Space' continues the head-bobbing affair, more old school meets new school. No matter, every rock band on the planet will get schooled with the antics of this creation. The modus-operandi gets clearer.

Of course the 'Ice Cream Man' comparisons resonate through 'Stay Frosty', but this is the Roth we all fell in love with in 1978 and the band we treasure. A little difficult to soak in when it's frosty in the north and the tune screams top-down, 'got a drink in my hand, I got my toes in the sand' vibe!

'Big River' fits the mold like a glove, yet with less Roth and more instrumentation, you soak in the interplay between the three Van Halens at work and easily imagine the jam room as a raucous family affair.

Last song is 'Beats Workin'', over five minutes of punishing theatrics and rather prophetic given the band's stature in the hard rock arena. And while the
    power play is between Dave and Eddie, all four pieces of this puzzle react and interact.

Van Halen have made the rules, but don't necessarily live by them! And that's why A Different Kind Of Truth is a safari of massive proportion, all beasts revealing their teeth.

But you can't help to begin self-reflecting why? Why did this match made in heaven/hell implode after the landmark 1984? What happened with the family that saw Roth take one path and the Eddie, Alex, Michael take the Hagar train? I guess what I'm saying is why the hell did this take so long to come to fruition. Timing. In the state of rock n' roll you will never figure out timing. You just need to roll with it and when the planets align - when the feeling is there - you hit the record button and let loose. And Van Halen in 2012 have … and that's the beauty of rock n' roll we all get to revel in.

BraveWords.com score: 9.5/10

motleyfeelgood
    motleyfeelgood
    Fallen Angel Platinum

Mensaje por motleyfeelgood Vie 03 Feb 2012, 17:06

viendo las buenas criticas que esta recibiendo y que parece que por aqui esta gustando,me esta entrando el gusanillo de pegarle unas buenas escuchas al disco. What a Face
    Albytor
    Albytor
    Fallen Angel Diamond

Mensaje por Albytor Vie 03 Feb 2012, 18:37

A mi cuanto más lo escucho más me gusta. No esperaba nada y me he llevado una agradable sorpresa. Eddie sigue siendo muuuuy grande.
    darian
    Fallen Angel

Mensaje por darian Vie 03 Feb 2012, 18:50

Serio candidato a disco del año.

VH resurge de sus cenizas como un ave Fénix para crear algo grande otra vez. Tengo que tragarme y con gusto mis mierdapalabras que solté días atrás desconfiando del disco.

Eddie te quiero.
    pc69
    pc69
    Fallen Angel Gold

ZODIACO : Libra

Mensaje por pc69 Vie 03 Feb 2012, 20:03

Hola, yo soy mas de Van Hagar pero me quito el sombrero ante lo que llevo escuchado de este disco de VH,tatto no hacia presagiar que esto fuera a ser lo que es, un gran disco de retorno,parece ser que los temas eran viejos ,segun se comenta, pero a quien le importa si esto nos trae a los VH sonando a VH clasico.

Muy buen retorno y muy superior a las andanzas de Chikenfoot,que la verdad para mi no dejan de ser mas que dos trabajos decentes.
    A.K.U.
    A.K.U.
    STAFF

ZODIACO : Escorpio

Mensaje por A.K.U. Vie 03 Feb 2012, 20:33

A ver si le pego unas escuchas que me estáis poniendo los dientes largos.
    Holy Roller
    Holy Roller
    Fallen Angel

ZODIACO : Pez

Mensaje por Holy Roller Vie 03 Feb 2012, 20:57

Amén, Van Halen han vuelto a lo grande, discazo señores y señoras, Eddie está rompedor y Dave y sus mágicas letras están de vuelta, cosas como esta son por las que uno merece estar vivo.
    fabiolione
    fabiolione
    Fallen Angel Diamond

ZODIACO : Pez

Mensaje por fabiolione Sáb 04 Feb 2012, 16:23

MAZINGER escribió:A ver si le pego unas escuchas que me estáis poniendo los dientes largos.

A mí lo que me jode es que antes no me esperaba nada de ellos y ahora me están poniendo los dientes largos y la ostia puede ser mayor... en un par de semanitas lo escucharé
    jensen
    jensen
    Fallen Angel

Mensaje por jensen Sáb 04 Feb 2012, 16:27

Joder, que bueno!! Aunque no soy muy fan, se merecen un respeto y más con trabajos como éste.
    jarryguo
    Fallen Angel Diamond

ZODIACO : Aries

Mensaje por jarryguo Sáb 04 Feb 2012, 17:21

fabiolione escribió:
    MAZINGER escribió:A ver si le pego unas escuchas que me estáis poniendo los dientes largos.

A mí lo que me jode es que antes no me esperaba nada de ellos y ahora me están poniendo los dientes largos y la ostia puede ser mayor... en un par de semanitas lo escucharé

+555!! y eso que me moló la semi odiada Tattoo!! Laughing
    motleyfeelgood
    motleyfeelgood
    Fallen Angel Platinum

Mensaje por motleyfeelgood Sáb 04 Feb 2012, 20:48

le estoy dando la primera escucha y de momento me esta gustando,haber con unas cuantas mas Laughing Very Happy affraid .
    Mendo
    Mendo
    STAFF

Mensaje por Mendo Dom 05 Feb 2012, 00:19

eddie está enorme!!!
    ni rastro de teclados, dobles bombos y caña por doquier, unos van halen pre-1984.
    era lo que los fans esperabamos y lo que han hecho.

saludos
    OSCMAR
    Fallen Angel

ZODIACO : Tauro

VAN HALEN - A Different Kind Of Truth - Página 6 Empty Reivindico Tattoo como el mejor tema

Mensaje por OSCMAR Mar 07 Feb 2012, 16:10

Para mi es un disco que esta bien , pero le faltan mas temas como Tattoo.
    motleyfeelgood
    motleyfeelgood
    Fallen Angel Platinum

Mensaje por motleyfeelgood Mar 07 Feb 2012, 16:19

OSCMAR escribió:Para mi es un disco que esta bien , pero le faltan mas temas como Tattoo.

en mi opinion es la cancion que sobra. pirat
    Robert
    Robert
    Fallen Angel Diamond

Mensaje por Robert Mar 07 Feb 2012, 17:43

OSCMAR escribió:Para mi es un disco que esta bien , pero le faltan mas temas como Tattoo.

justo la q no soporto!!
    Robert
    Robert
    Fallen Angel Diamond

Mensaje por Robert Mar 07 Feb 2012, 19:19

vuelta a sus origenes CON UN PAR D PELOTAS!!

no son los Halen q mas Amaba ni muxo menos, pero tienen un meritazo genial...

beriboogie
    beriboogie
    Fallen Angel Diamond

Mensaje por beriboogie Mar 07 Feb 2012, 19:51

........ Y va creciendo en todo lo positivo que se pueda mencionar.......... EDIE manda de vuelta a las academias a la mitad de guitarristas del globo terráqueo.......
    Mendo
    Mendo
    STAFF

Mensaje por Mendo Miér 08 Feb 2012, 00:05

Eddie está de vuelta, esa es la noticia.
    solo lo he oido un par de veces y hay algún tema que me sobra por su falta de melodía, pero 4 o 5 que son muy buenos.

Saludos
    jordiaor
    jordiaor
    Fallen Angel Gold

ZODIACO : Escorpio

Mensaje por jordiaor Miér 08 Feb 2012, 23:42

Me aburre el disco..
    PeterGriffin
    Fallen Angel Diamond

Mensaje por PeterGriffin Jue 09 Feb 2012, 00:44

Los teloneros en parte de la gira americana son las leyendas del Funk, Kool & The Gang, grandioso!!!!! cheers

motleyfeelgood
    motleyfeelgood
    Fallen Angel Platinum

Mensaje por motleyfeelgood Jue 09 Feb 2012, 23:13

VAN HALEN Perform Friends And Family Dress Rehearsal In Los Angeles; Set-List, Photos, More Video Available
    Rock Hard
    Posted on Thursday, February 09, 2012 at 12:49:45 EST

VAN HALEN performed a dress rehearsal for friends and family at the Los Angeles Forum last night (February 8th). It was to be a secret show but it was one of the worst kept secrets as thousands attended the show.

The band's set-list featured:
    'You Really Got Me'
    'Runnin' With the Devil'
    'She's The Woman'
    'Somebody Get Me A Doctor'
    'Tattoo'
    'Everybody Wants Some!!'
    'Beautiful Girls'
    'Ice Cream Man'
    'China Town'
    'Dance The Night Away'
    'Hot For Teacher'
    'Blood and Fire'
    'Eruption'
    'Panama'
    'Jump'

Contenido patrocinado

Mensaje por Contenido patrocinado