#HardRock_&_AOR - La 1ª Comunidad de Rock Melódico; AOR, HARD ROCK, METAL (1999-2003)-(2011...)

¿Quieres reaccionar a este mensaje? Regístrate en el foro con unos pocos clics o inicia sesión para continuar.

www.fallenangelofrock.com

5 participantes

ROGER LAPOINTE - 1991 - HANDLE WITH CARE

Robert
    Robert
    Fallen Angel Diamond

ZODIACO : Tauro

ROGER LAPOINTE - 1991 - HANDLE WITH CARE Empty ROGER LAPOINTE - 1991 - HANDLE WITH CARE

Mensaje por Robert Vie 20 Jun 2008, 22:19

ROGER LAPOINTE - 1991 - HANDLE WITH CARE

ROGER LAPOINTE - 1991 - HANDLE WITH CARE Rogerlapointe1db5

ROGER LAPOINTE - 1991 - HANDLE WITH CARE Rogerlapointe2fk5

¿No os recuerda un poco la foto del Roger al Jose Mari Bakero, ex del Barça?

*No estoy seguro d la fexa, en la portada parece q pone 1991, o 1997!!
    Shocked Shocked VAYA PEDAZO D RAREZA!!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked
    A 1ª Escuxa Reconozco q algunos temas me parecieron poco A.O.R. y muy Country, pero ojo q conforme vas escuxandolo, la cosa cambia!

TEMAS:
    1 - Handle With Care
    2 - Tie You Up
    3 - Matter Of Time
    4 - This Feeling Inside
    5 - Make-U-Crazy
    6 - Ain't No Tellin' (What A Woman Can Do)
    7 - Go On And Dream
    8 - Confusion (Me falta este tema!!!)
    9 - Little Inner Child
    10 - Prodigal Girl (Esta si q es Country!!)
    11 - Leave Our Love
    12 - Be My Balloon

MUSICOS:
    ?

un poco d info: (EN INGLES)
    This Canadian AOR artist has already had some success in the past, including being number 3 in the famous Rock Homegrown Contest. Now ROGER LAPOINTE has released his first solo-album titled 'Handle with care'. There are 12 tracks on the CD that was partly produced by Roger himself. The other producers are Matthew Gerard and David Hines. The production is a bit average and also the music is not really heavy. Still there are a few great tracks on the CD. Opener "Handle with care" is a great relaxing AOR ballad a la GARY HUGHES, only pity is the saxsolo in this song.
    The following two tracks are the best ones on the CD. "Tie you up" and "Matter of time" are both Classic AOR rock orientated and are similar to PHIL CHRISTIAN/BIG MOUTH, STAN BUSH… These two songs sound very good and impressive, more of these songs and you have a great album. Unfortunately these are the last rockers on this CD, because after these songs the CD turns into a uncertain direction. There are some AOR songs like "Confusion" (pretty good semi AOR Ballad 80s styled, classic AOR keys at the start and a great guitarsolo) and "Go on and dream" (STAN BUSH kinda midtempo AOR, only the saxsolo should not be there). But especially the last 4 tracks have really nothing to do with AOR, because songs like "Be my balloon" (rockabilly influences) and "Prodigal girl" are pure popsongs.
    Conclusion is that this is not a sensational release, because the CD is not AOR all the way. I would advise to Roger to record more material in the style of his great uptempo AOR rockers "Tie you up" and "Matter of time", because the material is now a bit too diverse to recommend to the AOR fan only. Still, the AOR fan will enjoy at least a couple of tracks that sound rather good. For more info visit the website of Roger's recordlabel Crown Musicworks at: http://www.breaknet.com/crown

A re-issue of a late 90s record of singer/songwriter ROGER LAPOINTE. I remember reviewing the record somewhat 6 years ago, it was a sort of mixed affair, as you got yourself a bunch of great MICHAEL MORALES meets GARY HUGHES meets STAN BUSH type of AOR songs, but also a couple of Popsongs that even BILLY JOEL would find too dreadful (“Be my Balloon”, “Prodigal girl” and “Ain’t no tellin”). Nevertheless, this re-issue makes clear the ROGER LAPOINTE album had it’s highlights for AOR fans, such as the songs “Tie you up”, “Matter of time”, “Confusion” (awesome!) and “Go on and dream”, which features good singing and will be interesting for STAN BUSH fans, although I have to inform you it is a little poppy in general. It is now available through: http://www.targetrecords.de Only for the die-hard AOR fans, who don’t mind a little poppier approach every now and then.

INFO:

Pais: CA
    Año: 1991
    Estilo: A.O.R.con algunos Tokes Country
    Onda: PHIL CHRISTIAN/BIG MOUTH, STAN BUSH
    Temas Prefes: Go On And Dream, Handle With Care, Tie You Up, Matter Of Time, This Feeling Inside, Go On And Dream
    Puntuacion: 7'5
    Descripcion: Gana con las escuxas!!
    Produccion: Buena
    Producer: Mathew Gerard, Roger LaPointe, David Hines

¿Alguien sabe algo mas?
    E sido Incapaz d encontrar los musicos q icieron este disco!! Embarassed
    Espartaco
    Espartaco
    Fallen Angel Diamond

ZODIACO : Escorpio

ROGER LAPOINTE - 1991 - HANDLE WITH CARE Empty Re: ROGER LAPOINTE - 1991 - HANDLE WITH CARE

Mensaje por Espartaco Vie 20 Jun 2008, 23:13

Parece que él mismo se encarga de todos los instrumentos, pero no te lo puedo confirmar!!! Saludos!!!
    trying to understand
    trying to understand
    Fallen Angel Diamond

ZODIACO : Pez

ROGER LAPOINTE - 1991 - HANDLE WITH CARE Empty Re: ROGER LAPOINTE - 1991 - HANDLE WITH CARE

Mensaje por trying to understand Sáb 21 Jun 2008, 17:58

No conocía a este buen hombre pero tienes razón Robert, lo 1º que he pensado al ver la foto es que era Bakero Very Happy .
    Robert
    Robert
    Fallen Angel Diamond

Mensaje por Robert Lun 23 Jun 2008, 02:29

Espartaco escribió:Parece que él mismo se encarga de todos los instrumentos, pero no te lo puedo confirmar!!! Saludos!!!

Muxas Gracias por la Info Espartaco!!

Yo tb, pienso q es asi, por la poca info q ay...

Seguiremos Investigando!! Wink

Saludos dd Barna!! Very Happy
    Martín
    Fallen Angel

ZODIACO : León

Mensaje por Martín Mar 24 Jun 2008, 10:32

Este si que no lo conozco pero por lo que comentas debe sonar muy bien.
    Saludos !!!
    mallorcas rock
    mallorcas rock
    Fallen Angel Diamond

ZODIACO : León

Mensaje por mallorcas rock Mar 24 Jun 2008, 10:56

trying to understand escribió:No conocía a este buen hombre pero tienes razón Robert, lo 1º que he pensado al ver la foto es que era Bakero Very Happy .

jajaja.. es que me dicen que Bakero en su época de la Real grabó un disco y me lo creo.. Laughing
    Robert
    Robert
    Fallen Angel Diamond

Mensaje por Robert Jue 11 Oct 2012, 00:29

*por cierto CONFIRMAR (Gracias al Gran Jarryguo q se lo a piyao original) q el mismo roger se encarga d todos los instrumentos

MUXAS GRACIAS BRO. t exo muxo d menos

Contenido patrocinado

Mensaje por Contenido patrocinado